Cutting costs is easy, sustainable terminal cost competitiveness is not so simple
How do you know that your terminals are making the correct cost competitiveness decisions?
Despite the enormous rise in demand for storage, reduced refining activity is leading to reduced transit volumes and this is putting pressure on tank terminal operators. With so much uncertainty beyond your control, the challenge is to focus on what you can control: your terminal’s cost competitiveness.
Is our cost structure competitive?
If not, how much should we improve and in what areas?
What specific actions should we take to improve it?
The Juran Benchmarking Terminals Cost Competitiveness program allows crude and products terminal operators to leverage the power of comparative data directly from their industry peers to:
- ACHIEVE COST COMPETITIVENESS.
- REMOVE THE RISK OF INCORRECT DECISION MAKING.
- BACK YOUR ROADMAP TO IMPROVEMENT WITH DATA.
What can Benchmarking Deliver?
The Juran Benchmarking Terminals Cost Competitiveness program enables operators to see their performance from an external perspective and optimize their operations by:
- Identifying the areas to focus on and prioritize
- Quantifying the correct targets to set
- Developing a data-backed plan for cost competitiveness
- Providing evidence to justify your decisions to stakeholders
The Juran Benchmarking Cycle© has been developed over a quarter of a century working with oil and gas operators to deliver results effectively and reliably:
- Phase 1 – Planning and Kick-Off
- Phase 2 – Data Collection
- Phase 3 – Data Validation
- Phase 4 – Data Normalization: Asset Complexity Analysis
- Phase 5 – Data Analysis
- Phase 6 – Results and Opportunities Delivery
- Phase 7 – Develop Action Plans (optional)
Learn more about our approach here.
Delivery of results in as little as 6-8 weeks
Download the Terminal Cost Competitiveness Case Study
Learn how a European Tank Terminal leveraged the power of the Juran Benchmarking Terminals Cost Competitiveness program to focus its efforts and close the cost gap to its peers.