Occupational Safety Analysis of Oil and Gas Industry Data
In this short article, one of our consultants Dr Alistair Apedaile reflects on the safety trends that have been observed within all of Juran Benchmarking’s Oil & Gas benchmarking programs in the last 3 years.
Occupational safety in the Oil & Gas industry is a highly important issue. Lapses in safety have led to incidents with loss of life within the sector, some of which were highly public events. We have started to notice changes in the reporting levels of occupational safety incidents with time. Why is occupational safety just as important as process safety?
The findings detailed in this report show good levels of reporting of injuries and near misses. However, Industry best practice also considers another safety category to more accurately measure industry reporting levels. Read the article to learn more.
What You’ll Learn
- The reason why occupational safety reporting is important
- Injury levels observed between 2012 and 2014
- The number of near miss events reported between 2012 and 2014
- The safety reporting pyramid
- An additional category for safety incident reporting that should be considered
- A new KPI for Juran Benchmarking programs in 2015
See all of our Thought Leadership White Papers →